Note that this post contains affiliate links and we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you buy something.
In this detailed article, we will be discussing the handheld vacuum cleaners in detail, and whether you need one in your house or car. We will also look at the different features that distinguish some hand held vacuum cleaners from others, and which ones are worth the money right now.
We hope you find this information helpful in making your own decisions about whether you want a small easily portable vacuum, and if yes, then which one might be the right choice for you.
Why you need a handheld vacuum cleaner
A handheld vacuum cleaner is an incredibly useful tool to have around the house, and not just for quick clean-ups. Here are a few reasons why you may want to consider investing in one.
Handheld vacuums are perfect for small spaces and tight corners. If you have a small apartment or home, a handheld vacuum can be a great way to keep it clean without lugging around a full-size vacuum. They’re also great for cleaning your car, especially if you have pets that shed.
Handheld vacuums are usually much lighter than full-size vacuums, making them much easier to carry up and down stairs. If you have arthritis or another condition that makes it difficult to carry heavy objects, a handheld vacuum can make it much easier to keep your home clean.
Some handheld vacuums are designed specifically for pet hair, making them a valuable tool if you have shedding pets. If you’re constantly struggling to get rid of pet hair, a handheld vacuum can make life much easier.
The benefits of handheld vacuum cleaners
Handheld vacuum cleaners offer a lot of benefits over traditional vacuums. They’re lighter and more maneuverable, so they’re easier to use on stairs and in tight spaces. They’re also great for quick cleanups and spot cleaning.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a handheld vacuum. First, consider the type of cleaner you need. If you have allergies, look for a model with HEPA filtration. You should also consider battery life and recharge time, as well as the size and weight of the vacuum.
Here are some of the best handheld vacuums on the market:
- Dyson V7 Trigger: This cordless vacuum has powerful suction and a detachable hand held unit. It’s lightweight and easy to use, making it a great option for spot cleaning and quick cleanups.
- Shark Cordless Pet Perfect II: This handheld vacuum is specifically designed for pet hair. It has strong suction and comes with a crevice tool and dusting brush for easy cleaning.
- Black+Decker Dustbuster: This budget-friendly option is perfect for small jobs around the house. It’s lightweight and has good suction power, making it easy to use.
The top handheld vacuum cleaners on the market
Handheld vacuum cleaners are becoming increasingly popular, and it’s not hard to see why. They’re much more convenient than full-size vacuums, and they can be used for quick cleanups or small spaces.
There are a lot of different handheld vacuums on the market, however, and it can be tough to know which one is right for you. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of the best handheld vacuum cleaners on the market.
1. Dyson V6 Cordless Vacuum: This vacuum is powerful and lightweight, making it perfect for quick cleanup jobs. It also comes with a crevice tool and dusting brush for difficult-to-reach areas.
2. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum: This vacuum is a great option for those who want something powerful yet lightweight. It comes with Hoover’s WindTunnel technology for superior suction power, and it also has a detachable hand vac for easy cleaning in tight spaces.
3. Eureka EasyClean Corded Handheld Vacuum: This vacuum is great for those who are looking for something affordable yet effective. It comes with a crevice tool to help you clean tight spaces, and it has a dust cup that can be easily emptied when full.
4. Black+Decker Dustbuster Cordless Vacuum: This affordable cordless vacuum is perfect for small cleanup jobs around the house. It comes with a crevice tool to help you reach tight spaces, and it has a clear dust cup, so you can see when it needs to be emptied.
How to choose the best handheld vacuum cleaner for your needs
Handheld vacuum cleaners are a convenient way to clean your home, car, or office without lugging out a full-size vacuum. But with so many models on the market, it can be tough to know which one is right for you.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a handheld vac:
- Size and weight: If you plan on using your handheld vac for quick cleanups or spot cleaning, you don’t need a heavy-duty model. Look for a lightweight vac that’s easy to carry from room to room.
- Runtime: Most handheld vacuums have a runtime of about 20 minutes. If you require a longer runtime, look for a model with a detachable battery that can be replaced or charged while you continue cleaning.
- Attachments: Make sure the handheld vac you choose comes with the attachments you require for the type of cleaning you plan to do. Some common attachments include dusting brushes, crevice tools and upholstery brushes.
- Cordless or corded: Both cordless and corded handheld vacuums have their benefits. Corded models usually have more powerful suction, while cordless models offer greater mobility. Pick the option that best fits your needs.
How to use a handheld vacuum cleaner
Handheld vacuum cleaners are a quick and easy way to clean up small messes or hard-to-reach areas. Here’s a quick guide on how to use one:
1. Start with a clean filter. A clogged filter will reduce the suction power of your vacuum, so it’s important to start with a clean one.
2. Choose the right attachment. Some handheld vacuums come with several attachments for different surfaces or cleaning needs. Pick the one that will work best for the area you’re cleaning.
3. Beginning at the farthest point from the outlet, move the vacuum in a slow, steady back-and-forth motion over the surface you’re cleaning.
4. When you’re finished, empty the trash can and clean any attachments that might have collected debris.
The advantages of cordless handheld vacuum cleaners
There are many benefits to using a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner. One of the most obvious benefits is that you can vacuum anywhere, without being tethered to a power outlet. This flexibility is especially handy when cleaning your car or trying to reach tight spaces.
Cordless vacuums are also generally lighter and more maneuverable than their corded counterparts. This makes them much easier to use, particularly if you have limited mobility or suffer from back pain. Additionally, cordless vacuums tend to be more powerful than corded models, making them better at picking up dirt, dust and debris.
The disadvantages of cordless handheld vacuum cleaners
Although cordless handheld vacuum cleaners have many advantages, there are also some disadvantages associated with them. One of the biggest disadvantages is that they tend to be much more expensive than their corded counterparts. This is because they use batteries, which add to the overall cost of the vacuum.
Another disadvantage of cordless handheld vacuum cleaners is that they usually have shorter battery life than corded models. This means that you will need to recharge them more often, which can be inconvenient. Additionally, if the battery dies while you are using the vacuum, you will need to finish the job with a corded model.
The bottom line on handheld vacuum cleaners
Handheld vacuum cleaners have certain advantages over regular vacuums. They’re lighter and more maneuverable, so they’re great for quick cleanups. They’re also more convenient for cleaning hard-to-reach places, like under the couch or in the car.
But handheld vacuums have some drawbacks too. They tend to be less powerful than regular vacuums, so they might not be the best choice for a deep cleaning. And because they’re small, they can be harder to empty and clean than regular vacuums.
So which type of vacuum is right for you? It depends on your needs. If you’re looking for a quick, convenient way to clean up small messes, a handheld vacuum is a great choice. But if you need a more powerful machine for a deep cleaning, you might want to stick with a regular vacuum cleaner.